5 Star Performers
2019-2020 5 Star Performer Information
For our 2019-2020 season, we are offering 3-4 levels for every style of competitive teams at Jen’s Academy (tap, ballet, jazz, lyrical, modern, flag, acro, hip hop, baton, pom & cheer). There are teams for all experience levels and ages, from young beginners to advanced teens.
5 Star Performers are the tryout-based competition teams at Jen’s Academy.
- All 5 Star Performers class are 45-minutes long
- Tuition is $36 a month
There are discounts available for taking multiple classes (this applies to each individual student. There are no multiple student discounts)
- 5 Star Silver teams compete at local and regional competitions
- 5 Star Gold teams compete at local, regional and national competitions
- 5 Star Platinum teams will compete at local, regional and several national competitions
5 Star Performers Requirements
- All 5 Star students are required to take summer classes or attend summer camps to improve their skills
- There is a $100 deposit due at the beginning of the season, which is refunded at the end of a completed season
- You will be required to put 2 credit or debit cards on file that, if your tuition or competition fees are not paid, will be automatically charged
- Each 5 Star Performer must purchase a 5 Star jacket and a gold sequin community performance tank top
- Each student is required to attain $100 sponsor
These funds cover the team competition t-shirts, 5 Star Performers party, general supplies and props
- Each 5 Star Performer is required to purchase team costume(s) and accessories
- Other required purchases are tights, shoes and any equipment that the team may need
New Elite-Level Competition Teams for the 2019-2020 Season
We will now have elite-level competition teams offered, not only for the cheerleaders as we’ve done in the past but for all forms of dance as well as to accommodate those students with a higher skill set and desire to attend higher-level competitions. It is the staff’s goal, as of right now, for our advanced cheerleaders to attend national competitions similar to those we attended this year within the state of Pennsylvanian, but also to attend “THE ONE FINALS” in Sandusky, Ohio next season. It is our goal to have our advanced dancers to attend a local national competition, as we did this season, plus attend a large national competition in either New York City, New York or Ocean City, Maryland. It is also our goal for our advanced twirlers to attend Twirlmania at Disney World and Notre Dame.
A 5 Star booster club goal for next season is to do one large group fundraiser in the fall to purchase a 5 Star props trailer. We did bring in outside instructors this past season to help clean our routines, but next year we will be adding outside choreographers in, to bring our students choreography up to an even higher level. As many of you have already noticed, we did just purchase state-of-the-art foam gymnastics and cheer mats, but an additional spring track will be added to assist our cheerleaders with their tumbling and all students’ acrobatic skills. Throughout the summer and all next season, we are planning to have optional skill-building classes, guest instructor classes, and weekend camps during the school year to help our 5 Star students to continuously add new and more advanced skills. Please come & talk to me directly about questions, concerns, and ideas you have about the 5 Star Performer competition corp.